A little bit
I worked for over 20 years in Human Resources; my last post was as Head of Human Resources for Otley College. I left in February 2011, to pursue my passion for alternative therapies. I specialise in Sound Therapy and Crystal Therapy. I trained with Crystal Dimensions and the British Academy of Sound Therapy, (see below for a full list of my alternative therapy qualifications). I noticed my dad, who is 92, enjoyed playing the drum with me. It occurred to me that if he enjoyed playing other people his age might also enjoy drumming. I arranged with Stradbroke Court Day Centre (Lowestoft) to run a drum circle - the response was amazing. The day residents loved doing something active. Since then I've been going into various residential homes and day centres in Lowestoft working with the elderly and adults with learning difficulties. The response has been really positive. For example, I've noticed one group with dementia, over a period of weeks, recognise me when I walk in and once we start drumming they remember the simple rhythms, they also have become more talkative.
On the crystal side, I hold individual sessions and regular workshops which help people identify beliefs that are holding them back, build their confidence and take charge of their life.
Both Crystal Therapy and Sound Therapy work on the principle that well-being on all levels is caused by the free flow of energy. When energy is blocked, mental and emotional imbalances are created.
We hold our emotions in our energy body. If we have sadness or an anger from the past, that we haven't let go of, we hold it in the energy body. If not released, eventually it will manifest as a physical illness. The healing therapies complement each other perfectly. Crystals and Sound help as a source of transformation in your life, by helping you to explore your personal inner worlds to discover your beliefs, attitudes, and actions, which may be limiting your ability. Your higher self then allows these discoveries to flow through to your subconscious and conscious minds allowing you to make the change. Energy Interference Patterning helps to release any deep-rooted beliefs that are no longer serving you.
My aim is to offer affordable sessions to help you improve your life, with group sessions starting at £5 per person. Some examples include:
* I deliver funfilled, exciting, interactive, community workshops at the Women's Health Centre, the Crystal Cabin and at residential homes and day centres in Lowestoft.
* I run targeted sound events which stimulating creative thinking, team building, communication, leadership and decision making skills, previous clients include Otley College, Women's Health Centre and the Suffolk Show.
* I work with people with learning difficulties and disabilities, the elderly and people with dementia.
* I have appeared on Suffolk Radio twice to promote the use of Sound Therapy.
* I hold regular group sessions and 1-2-1 appointments which help individuals take responsibility and empower their own lives.
If you would like to know more, please contact me by email Katina@SpiralofLight.co.uk or by telephone 01502 58 73 41.
With love and blessings,
My Therapy Qualifications:
- Energy Interference Patterning Energetic Practitioner (February 2006)
- Crystal Healing Practitioner (May 2007)
- Esoteric Practitioner (2010)
- Therapeutic Sound in the Community Practitioner (April 2011)
- Therapist Level Diploma in Sound Therapy (November 2013)
- Hypnotherapy Practitioner (August 2013)
- Certified Practitioner in the Art and Science of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) (November 2013)
- Meridian Based Therapist (November 2013)
- Certified Master Practitioner in the Art and Science of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) (July 2015)
- Virtual Gastric Band Certified Practitioner (July 2015)
- Advanced Virtual Gastric Band Certified Practitioner (June 2016)
- Educational Performance Certified Practitioner (September 2015)
- Hypnosis with Children and Teens (September 2018)
- Diamond Light Centre
- Crystal Dimensions
- British Academy of Sound Therapy
- Possibilities DNA
- UK Centre of Excellence for NLP & Hypnotherapy Training
- Shelia Granger
- Subliminal Science
- Hypnosis Practitioner Training Institute
- Registered with the General Hypnotherapy Register
- Insured through Balens.